Skip to main content

A Day in The Life: Sunday

Hi guys! When I was applying to college I couldn't help but wonder what life was going to be like as a theatre student. Well now I'm nearing the end of my 6th and final semester here at WT. I have absolutely loved my time here! So I wanted to give everyone a little insight into how my time is spent. Now keep in mind, not everyone's days will look like this. I am currently taking 16 hours, working 30+ hours as a full time sales lead at Loft, not to mention attending Jane Eyre rehearsals Monday through Friday.So I'm very, very busy. :)

So here we go! Sunday!

10 am: I wake up very tired. Last night was my last public improv show with the Improv Agents. I auditioned for the team at the end of last school year and I am so glad I did. This year has been so much fun and a great learning experience as well. We try to have a show once or twice a month either in the Acting Studio on the WT campus or in the back room of our local coffee shop, Palace Coffee. After the show, the team went to the apartment of our current captain, Tyler. We were there until almost 4 am, talking, drinking wine, and playing board games. It was a wonderful night with friends but I definitely regret not getting more rest.

10:10: I put on coffee and hop in the shower.

11:00: In the car! I live in Canyon, just a mile and a half from campus, but Loft is in Amarillo, about 30 minutes away.

11:30: To work I go! I love my job. I enjoy working with clients to help them find the perfect outfit for their lives. And I like to think I'm pretty good at it.

3:00: Lately I have been so busy that my diet has been mainly coffee, saltine crackers, and fast food. Today it has finally caught up with me. My coworker graciously lets me go home early.

3:30: I snuggle into bed right as a little rainstorm hits Canyon. I work on my website as we are looking at them on Tuesday in Musical Theatre Repetoire.

5:00: It looks great! I intend on working on my Portfolio for Directing II. However, I somehow end up watching Dr. Phil clips on youtube, and then Supernatural on Netflix.

7:30: Whoops I fell asleep. I move to the living room to watch this weekend's SNL on the DVR and then cutthroat kitchen. During commercials I text my dear friend Ktie about cute celebrities and look at kids' fashion on pinterest (a weird obsession of mine.) Notice that none of this is my Directing II homework.

10:30: I switch off the TV, wash my face and brush my teeth, and get in bed. I'l browse Pinterest and probably play a gew games of solitare and then go to sleep. It was nice to have a little downtime today, even if I only got it because I was feeling crummy. I'll take what little rest I can get. Tomorrow will be a big day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who said theatre isn't a contact sport?

So yesterday was a fun day! My cousin Nicklas got married to a wonderful girl named Sarah. I hadn't been to a wedding since his sister Keitha got married in 2006, and I didn't remember much, so all of my nuptial related knowledge came from the wedding scene in The Sound of Music (which I was in this summer). The entire family really enjoyed themselves. Very romantic ♥ And furthermore, this was my first time to get to go out with all the single ladies for the bouquet toss, and lo and behold... Look who caught the bouquet!  I sent this picture to Adrian. He's skiing so he hasn't received it yet. ;) Anywho. The purpose of today's post is regarding the myth that theatre is a nice, safe past time. Wrong! Theatre is an art that imitates life, and that art sometimes turns a little painful. It's something that happens all the way from children's theatre to Broadway and West End. Afterall, Idina Menzel was absent from her closing weekend in 'Wicked

How to move in New York City without Losing your Freaking Mind

Hey everyone! As I mentioned in my last post, we got a new apartment! Now, some people hate moving. For them, it brings back feelings of sadness and leaving behind friends and family, but for me that's not the case. I've moved several times in my life. We relocated several times while I was growing up and while I was usually a little bummed about not seeing my friends anymore, the excitement at the prospect of the new, the unknown, almost always outweighed it. And when I moved into the dorms in August 2013, I couldn't have been more ecstatic. I was finally in college! I had literally been waiting my entire life for this very moment! And I was so lucky. My roommate, Emily, who I had been randomly assigned, ended up being a wonderful human being who I still consider a friend even though we're in different states. When she left WT, I lived with my soulmate, Maddie Todd, for a brief but amazing semester. Then I was finally relinquished from the dorms and Leilani and I

I Deserve Safe Streets

Saturday was a weird day for me. I was supposed to wake up early and hit the gym so I could get in my three miles for training. Instead, I managed to oversleep by TWO whole hours. Lately I've been having the hardest time waking up. It doesn't matter if I've been out for four hours or ten. It's a struggle. But I went about my business and got ready for work. I wore my current favorite dress , a recent arrival at the store. I was feeling pretty cute, if I do say so myself. I felt like Elle Woods. During my shift I had my fair share of weird/problematic customers, like the woman who handed me a receipt then said, "Oh whoops, that has blood on it." Like, real human blood you guys! A concerning amount of blood! I refused to complete the return. (Just kidding. I carried on as usual, just highly grossed out.) When I finally got off at 8, I hopped the L train to the gym. And when I got to Planet Fitness... it was closed. Why a gym would choose to be open 2